Proceedings of the International conference on Arabic and Hebrew Strophic Poetry and its Romance Parallels
School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London, 8-10 October 2004
Edited by Ed Emery
- Otto Zwartjes, "The
muwashshahand the kharja: an introduction"
- Karin Almbladh, "An Andalusi
muwashshahand its contrafacts"
- Lourdes Maria Alvarez, "Reading the mystical signs in the songs of Abu al-Hasan al-Shushtari"
- Saadane Benbaabali, "Love and drubkenness in the
muwashshahas sung in the Maghreb"
- Philip Ciantar, "Nostalgia, history and sheikhs in the Libyan
ma'luf: Listening contexts in the shadows of the past
- Federico Corriente, "The metrical question in Andalusi stanzaic poetry: which extended khalilean system?"
- Dina Dahbany-Miraglia, "The
muwashshahin Yemenite Jewish womend's poetry"
- Carl Davila, "Andalusian strophoc poetry between the spoken and the written: the case of the Moroccan Andalusian music"
- Ed Emery, "Temporal and geographic extensions of Andalusi strophic poetry:
muwashshah, zajal, carol, sonnet"
- Mohamed Zakariyya Enani, "He desires her? Situating Nazhun's
muwashshahin an androgynous aesthetic of courtly love"
- Ulf Haxen, "A Hebrew
muwashshahwith an Arabic kharjafrom the Genizah"
- Richard Hitchcock, "The 'Romance'
- Angelo Michele Piemontese, "The girdle figured in the Persian
- Anna Plakhova, "
Maqam rastin the art of the muwashshah"
- Dwight Reynolds, "Musical aspects of Ibn Sana' al-Mulk's
- Arie Schippers, "Some remarks on the
muwashshahatof Abraham ibn Ezra"
- Gregor Schoeler, "Neo-Persian stanzaic poetry and its relationship to the Arabic
- Edwin Seroussi, "Andalusian Hebrew strophic poetry in the religious musical repetoire of the Moroccan Jews"
- Michel Sleiman, "The long panegyric
zajalof Ibn Quzman: a statistical approach"
- Kathryn Stapley, "Linguistic aspects of the Tunisian
- Menashe Tahan, "A brief introduction to the
muwashshahatof the Iraqi poet Muhammad Saeed al-Habubi"
- Yosef Tobi, "Yemeni Jewish and Muslim
- Owen Wright, "The
muwassahas music: a background sketch"